At Squad19, we give everyone with passion a chance to work with us.
As with any company, promotion and growth is our goal so, we're committed to people that have a passion for our brand regardless of their skill level. We regularly receive requests for sponsorships and because sponsoring a skater is a big investment for a small skateboard company, we have to be careful how much free product we flow to riders. With all this in mind we've modeled our sponsorships based on industry standards and varying skill levels.
You help us grow, we help you grow.
Sponsorships are not designed for skate companies to just hand out free products. They offer free items because you are exposing their brand in a positive light to a larger audience. Sponsorship is earned and the sponsored skater must participate in a positive manner in order to maintain their sponsorship status. Enjoy the sport, skate hard, be respectful of others and be safe. Represent Squad19 in a positive light wherever and whenever you can. If you're just looking for free stuff without pulling your weight, this is not for you.
S19 Ambassadors (1A)
The Squad19 Ambassador level is a Shop sponsorship which includes special discounts and sometimes free gear. These are people who love to rep Squad19 and want to help us grow and gain exposure doing it. Your Instagram or YouTube accounts must have some skateboard related content on them. These are skaters who have a passion for skating and supporting the local scene. They love to skate for fun and do it often. They can keep up with the hardcore skaters, they're just maybe not interested in competition and simply want to get deals on gear while helping their local skate community flourish.
Ambassadors receive a slot on our Ambassador list, a free Squad19 Ambassadors t-shirt, sticker pack and heavy discounts on all Squad19 products only available to sponsored riders. Individuals will get their own personal promo code for purchasing decks and apparel in return for a commitment to skate and represent the Squad19 brand at public skate parks, streets or local skateboard related events and competitions.
Skaters at this level are not required to dedicate any specific amount of time to sponsor-related activities. Ambassadors are encouraged to send us skate video clips or photos so we can promote them on our social sites, but there is no requirement to do so. Sponsorship is an "at will" agreement and can be terminated at any time by either party.
S19 Prospects (1B)
The Squad19 Prospect level is a Shop sponsorship which includes special discounts and sometimes free gear. These skaters are driven to push themselves and excel as an athlete. They are always striving to be better than they were the day before, learning new tricks, pushing themselves hard to improve on a daily basis. Competing on some level is in their future even if it's simply at local contests. This is where you'll need to start if you want an opportunity to advance to the Crew level. Crew members are selected from our roster of Prospects.
Prospects receive a slot on our Prospects list and receive a free Squad19 Prospect t-shirt, sticker pack and big discounts on all Squad19 products in return for a commitment to skate the Squad19 brand merchandise at public skate parks, streets and local competitions and events.
Skaters at this level are not required to dedicate any specific amount of time to sponsor-related activities. Prospects are encouraged to send us skate video clips or photos and somehow tag Squad19 (@squad19mpls #squad19 #squad19mpls #squad19skateboards) in their skateboard related social media content so we can track their progression and promote them on our social sites, but there is no requirement to do so. Sponsorship is an "at will" agreement and can be terminated at any time by either party.
S19 Crew (2)
S19 Crew is a Flow sponsorship that can include gear and boards (packages sent every 2 months). In exchange, the sponsored skater is required to help promote the Squad19 brand through social media in the form of skate video clips and/or photos. These need to be sent directly to us through direct message on Instagram @squad19mpls or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The sponsored rider is also asked to tagSquad19 (@squad19mpls #squad19 #squad19mpls #squad19skateboards) in any relevant skate related material posted on their Instagram account.
Skaters are required to include @squad19mpls in their Instagram bio and to post or send 2 to 4 clips/photos a month in order to keep their flow sponsorship. Sponsored skaters who don't hold to the requirements will be released. Sponsorship is an "at will" agreement and can be terminated at any time by either party.
S19 Team (3)
These are our full Flow and Amateur sponsorships, which include free gear, boards, tournament entry fees, and sometimes travel expenses and payment for videos and other missions. We are not yet offering this level of sponsorship.
- Talent - You can do more tricks than most skaters in the park and you do them with style.
- Been skating for at least a year - It takes time to build up skills.
- Respected in your area - You are in contact with other skaters in your area and region, and they respect you.
- Actively skating - You are out skating as often as you can, you also skate other things than your local park.
- Good skate conduct - You respect other skaters and are having fun while those who may be new to the sport. We don't support smack-talkers, bullies or druggies. Be the person others are stoked to skate with, not the person they want to avoid.
- Love your sport - You love to try new tricks, to evolve and you know what's happening around the world in your sport.
- Energetic - We want our sponsored riders to be outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic, and excited about riding and promoting Squad19 Skateboards.
- Dedicated - We love what we do and we want to sponsor riders who are as dedicated to help grow the brand as we are to helping them grow as skaters.
Often it is not necessary to ask for sponsorships, if you’ve got what it takes, we will find you. Remember that only a few people get sponsored, however if you are interested, please email email@example.com and provide the following;
- Name, address, city and age. (Skaters under the age of 16 require adult consent)
- tell us about your likes and dislikes
- your skating history
- your Instagram and YouTube account names and how many followers
- why you think we should sponsor you
- how you think you will help promote us
- how many times a week you post
- what are your skating goals?
This is your chance to get our attention so don't blow it.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org